Chuck Wiltzen, P.Eng.
Chuck is a Principal and Senior Bridge Engineer in the firm specializing in bridge conceptual design, preliminary engineering and project management. Chuck has been involved in the bridge and highway construction industry since 1993 and related engineering disciplines since 1996. His specialization also includes hydrotechnical and river engineering, bridge and highway geometric design, structure alternative’s assessment, benefit/cost and life cycle cost assessments.
Chuck has significant experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams on complex bridge and highway projects and has completed numerous level 1 and level 2 bridge inspections, bridge assessments and designs of standard bridge and bridge size culverts in Western Canada. Chuck has also led, managed or provided formwork and falsework design, erection engineering and temporary berms and cofferdam designs on several bridge construction projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Cooperative Program)
University of Alberta (2000
- Class B Bridge Inspection Course, Edmonton, Alberta, 2001
- Certificate of Completion, Stream Restoration Design Short Course, Freshwater Institute – Okanagan University, British Columbia, 2004
- Certificate of Completion, Bio-Engineering and Biotechnical Streambank Stabilization Techniques, Edmonton, Alberta, 2005
- Certificate of Completion, New Developments in the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code, Edmonton, Alberta, 2007
- Certificate of Completion, CSCE Bridge Hydraulics Course, Edmonton, Alberta, 2011
- Certificate of Completion, CSA-S6 Highway bridge Design Code 2014, Edmonton, Alberta, 2015
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Northwest Territories