Scott Donald, P.Eng.
Scott is a Principal and Senior Engineer specializing in bridge engineering. His key areas of expertise include preliminary engineering, detailed design, assessment and load rating evaluation, contract administration, and project management.
Scott began his career in the bridge and construction industry in 1987 working for Alberta Transportation’s Bridge Design section. Seven years later in 1995, Scott joined BPTEC as a design and field engineer, becoming a principal in 2000 where he continues to play a key role in the successful execution of a wide variety of bridge engineering projects
In addition to innumerable bridge projects across Alberta, signature projects of Scott’s include:
- Hwy 22:30 Crossing the North Saskatchewan River, East of Drayton Valley
- Hwy 43 (Westbound) Crossing the Pembina River at Sangudo
- 156 Street/Yellowhead Trail Interchange
- 23 Avenue (EB and WB) Crossing CPR
- Yellowhead Trail Westbound (Cloverbar Bridge) Crossing the North Saskatchewan River
- Yellowhead Trail Eastbound (Beverly Bridge) crossing the North Saskatchewan River
- Hawrelak Park Pedestrian Bridge
- High Level Bridge Substructure Rehabilitation
Colleagues and clients consider Scott to be a pleasure to work with, because of his technical standards and expertise, as well as his good nature and good humor. Scott shares his wealth of experience through mentoring of staff as well as providing periodic specification review for Alberta Transportation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (With Distinction)
University of Alberta (1987)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta