WHO WE ARE
For over 60 years, BPTEC Engineering Ltd. has been providing award winning structural and bridge engineering services to the Western Canadian market. We pride ourselves in providing practical and insightful engineering guidance to our clients and focus on long term relationships both inside and outside our organization.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
BPTEC Engineering Ltd. is seeking an intermediate bridge engineer to join our Edmonton structural engineering team. Reporting to the Directors in charge of the firm’s bridge line of business, the successful candidate will be a Professional Engineer registered with APEGA, with 5-10 years of bridge engineering experience with an emphasis on bridge design. Previous consulting engineering experience and familiarity with Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors and City of Edmonton design standards are key assets.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in structural design, managing multiple projects, and working as part of a team to successfully deliver projects of all sizes and complexity.
Working under the direction of principals and senior engineering staff, this position encompasses a broad range of professional engineering duties including:
- inspection, assessment and evaluation of bridges and other structures
- conceptual design and preliminary engineering
- detailed design
- tender preparation and administration
- construction inspection
- contract administration related to our firm’s bridge projects
- preparation of final details and record drawings
Other duties related to this position may include:
- bridge and bridge size culvert hydrotechnical analysis and conceptual design
- providing structural engineering to support our buildings and industrial lines of business as the need arises
- mentoring more junior staff
- supporting project pursuit and proposal package preparation
- assisting with business development initiatives
This position has the potential for advancement within BPTEC’s bridge team to the level of bridge design lead.
Candidates should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to work both in the office and in the field on a wide variety of projects. In office, work from home, and hybrid work arrangements may be considered, depending on the needs of the project.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGA (or eligible for registration)
- 5 to 10 years of related engineering experience with strong design experience in bridges
- Consulting engineering firm experience is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Canadian standards for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry
- SAP2000 and SAFE analysis and design preferred
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Creative thinking and practical problem solving
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner and within a diverse multi-disciplinary project team environment
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
We thank you in advance for submitting your resume to us; however, only successful potential candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please apply in strict confidence to:
BPTEC Engineering Ltd.
Suite 200, 4220 98 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 6A1
Attn: Scott Donald, P.Eng., Director
Or by e-mail: email@example.com