WHO WE ARE
For over 60 years, BPTEC Engineering Ltd. has been providing award winning structural and bridge engineering services to the Western Canadian market. We pride ourselves in providing practical and insightful engineering guidance to our clients and focus on long term relationships both inside and outside our organization.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
BPTEC Engineering Ltd. is seeking a junior structural / bridge engineer to join our Edmonton structural engineering team. The successful candidate for this position will be a recent graduate with a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or masters degree specializing in structural engineering. Experience in the field of structural design, construction inspection or contract administration on buildings or bridges will be considered an asset.
Working under the direction of senior level bridge and structural engineering staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- structural analysis and design
- preparing technical reports
- undertaking field reviews and site inspections
- construction monitoring and contract administration during the construction phase of projects
- inspection, assessment and evaluation of bridges and other structures
- conceptual design and preliminary engineering
- detailed design
- tender preparation and administration
- construction inspection
- contract administration related to our firm’s bridge projects
- preparation of final details and record drawings
Candidates should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to work both in the office and in the field on a wide variety of projects. In office, work from home, and hybrid work arrangements may be considered, depending on the needs of the project.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from accredited university
- Consulting engineering firm experience is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Canadian standards for bridges, steel, concrete and wood
- SAP2000 and SAFE analysis and design experience is preferred
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions
- Creative thinking and practical problem solving
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner and within a diverse multi-disciplinary project team environment
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
We thank you in advance for submitting your resume to us; however, only successful potential candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please apply in strict confidence to:
BPTEC Engineering Ltd.
Suite 200, 4220 98 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 6A1
Attn: Chuck Wiltzen, P.Eng., Director
Or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org