Name of project: Butterdome (Universiade Pavillion)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
– Provided structural engineering services as a part of a consortium which provided complete architectural and engineering consulting services.
– Featured the largest indoor field of its kind in Canada
– Permanent seating for about 6000 spectators
– Facilities for gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, and a 200m track and jumping pits.
– Unique trusses were used to accomplish the large spans necessary for this facility provide space for integration of mechanical equipment requirements.
– Fieldhouse facility, combined with adjoining administrative space, provides the University with flexible, multi-use facility to support various sports and recreation programs for both the university and the community.
– Project contracted with a guaranteed maximum price in order to fit a definite budget constraint and within strict timelines to meet an international sports commitment.